HuntOhio.net Forums
Welcome to HuntOhio.net your Ohio Hunting Forum

Home » Species Specific » Ohio Squirrel Hunting » Urban Squirrels
Urban Squirrels [message #54285] Fri, 29 August 2014 14:14 Go to next message
pstryjew is currently offline  pstryjew
to much time on my hands
Too bad there isn't an urban season for squirrel.

There are quite a few in my neighborhood, but nothing like my friend close to downtown Columbus.

He lives by Victorian Village. Has trapped an relocated 20 squirrels in about two months. It was one or two a day for the first weeks.

No predators. There is good tree cover and above ground wires, so not many get tagged by automobiles.

We had an over abundance of rabbits in my neighborhood. Can't hunt or trap them as "nuisance", ODOW suggested Coyote urine. If my lab's urine all over the back yard doesn't keep them away, don't know why coyote urine would.

Earlier this year, by dog was practicing for the greyhound track!
Re: Urban Squirrels [message #54309 is a reply to message #54285] Tue, 02 September 2014 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
to much time on my hands

pellet gun Smile

http://www.huntohio.net - your online resource for hunting in ohio. Hunt Ohio, the HO Zone!
Bella
Re: Urban Squirrels [message #54318 is a reply to message #54309] Tue, 02 September 2014 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pstryjew is currently offline  pstryjew
to much time on my hands
Well... as the current President as the Ohio Hunter and Trapper Education Instructors Association I'll stay on the right side of the law.

Don't think I didn't consider how nice the rabbit would taste (feeding on lush urban gardens) on the grill.

Re: Urban Squirrels [message #54319 is a reply to message #54318] Tue, 02 September 2014 13:56 Go to previous message
oleman is currently offline  oleman
to much time on my hands
agree with LK---They make some nice quite pellet guns these days poking

Anyone can count the seeds in a apple---Only god can count the apples in a seed
Previous Topic: Hunting Squirrel at New Lime
Next Topic: success in 2016-2017 season
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 22 10:39:48 EDT 2017