HuntOhio.net Forums
Welcome to HuntOhio.net your Ohio Hunting Forum

Home » General Conversation » Recommend a Business » I found a good way to get private hunting land (check it out)
icon14.gif  I found a good way to get private hunting land [message #36313] Thu, 15 October 2009 20:10 Go to next message
SOS Hunter is currently offline  SOS Hunter
new-blood
If you are like me and having a hard time finding good places to hunt in Ohio check out www.huntprivatelandohio.com. They are an American Wildlife Association hunting club that is just getting started in southern Ohio. They have access to a ton of land all over the nation and are rounding up private land in ohio as well. Best of all it is much cheaper than leasing your own land. www.huntprivatelandohio.com
Re: I found a good way to get private hunting land [message #36328 is a reply to message #36313] Fri, 16 October 2009 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pstryjew is currently offline  pstryjew
to much time on my hands
Eric,

Wow another new poster who "found" a great website.

How may google searches did it take to find your website.

hunt...ohio.com Registered to Eric Campbell of Trenton OH on October 3rd 2009.

Prove us wrong and join in some discussions here. Maybe offer some of the land you have "locked up".

We're our own worst enemy.

Pete
Re: I found a good way to get private hunting land [message #36334 is a reply to message #36313] Fri, 16 October 2009 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new-blood
No Message Body
Re: I found a good way to get private hunting land [message #36335 is a reply to message #36313] Fri, 16 October 2009 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new-blood
Pete,
I don't care at all to jump in on some conversations. It seems like a good site to do so. I am not trying to tick you or anyone else off here I am just trying to let some people know about SOS and the AWA. Let me give you a little back ground on me. I am a cop in Butler county and have been trying to find hunting land around here for several years with no luck. While search for land or leases or whatever I could get, I came accross Hunting Sports Plus. I did some research and it seemed like a pretty good way to get on some good land. When I spoke with them I found that they had no land in the southern Ohio area. After knocking on doors for several more months, with no luck due to previous hunters disrespecting the land and the land owners, I decided to open my own club through the American Wildlife Association. I am not here to get rich or take advantage of anyone. It is actually taking a lot of my time and my money to get this thing going. I am trying though, to get access to good hunting land that is normally unaccessable or "locked up" and make it avaliable to my self, other hunters and eventually my two kids. As for being able to google my site, like I said, it is taking a good bit of money to get this thing going, and as a cop I don't make very much, so I built my own site. I didn't hire anyone, I took the time, figured it out and did it myself so if you have any advice on building or optimizing I could use the help. I am not sure what your angle with this site is but after reading some of you posts I can see that you are quite pationate about it. If you have any question I look foward to answering them. Feel free to call me as well my number is on the site.
Thanks,
Eric
Re: I found a good way to get private hunting land [message #36343 is a reply to message #36335] Fri, 16 October 2009 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to much time on my hands
Eric,

You see I'm kind of a skeptic on this stuff. You'll find the site "littered" with people coming to the site, signing up, posting stuff about their business/website, then never coming back. I can't speak for everyone, but it falls into "spamming" in my book.

I have no doubt that you have put work into the site and business. However, your title "I found a good way to get private hunting land" and referring to "They" several times doesn't seem genuine. You didn't identify yourself as the owner of the site or club. You're trying to seem as a disinterested party who "found" this site. BTW I haven't check out the site quality - I was referring to your post title "finding" a site that you own.

I also think that you posted basically the same message several places, however I think it was removed by the moderators.

How about "I started a business/website to help hunters gain access to private land". I don't have any issue with that type of post, but trying to fool the good members of the site rubs me the wrong way. I may be in the minority, but I'm vocal.

Pete

Re: I found a good way to get private hunting land [message #36349 is a reply to message #36313] Fri, 16 October 2009 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new-blood
The "found" in the title is referencing the large amount of research i did looking for land over the past several years and then researching it to be sure that what i "found" was indeed a good thing. I found the American Wildlife Association. "They" are spreading a good oppertunity for the average person to access good hunting land. We are extending that oppertunity to Ohio. I can understand your frustration for random people trying to advertise random things. I never imagined though that any one would have such a problem with people trying to spread a good oppertunity. This will be the last post i make to your site, please cancel my registration and i will remove your link from our site as well.
Happy Hunting and good luck with your site.
Eric
Re: I found a good way to get private hunting land [message #54236 is a reply to message #36349] Thu, 07 August 2014 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CathyMao04 is currently offline  CathyMao04
Thanks for the ideas.
Re: I found a good way to get private hunting land [message #54572 is a reply to message #54236] Wed, 22 October 2014 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taxidermist48 is currently offline  Taxidermist48
Tracker
website does not work

The only thing better than living your passion, is sharing your passion.
Re: I found a good way to get private hunting land [message #54573 is a reply to message #54572] Wed, 22 October 2014 13:53 Go to previous message
to much time on my hands
It looks like Eric (from hunt privateland ohio.com) had set up Southern Ohio Sportsmen. Doesn't seem like any action since about 2011.

I'm wondering how it worked out.
Previous Topic: Rob's Taxidermy & Skull Cleaning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 27 15:23:43 EDT 2017