HuntOhio.net Forums
Welcome to HuntOhio.net your Ohio Hunting Forum

Home » HO Kitchen » Fish » Saucy Sows fish batter (Best Fish batter that I have used.)
Saucy Sows fish batter [message #54161] Tue, 17 June 2014 16:51 Go to next message
Meat Hunter is currently offline  Meat Hunter
Uber Hunter
The displays are popping up at a lot of grocery stores.I was given a couple bags of the regular and lemom peppered. I haven't tried the lemon peppered but the regular fish batter is great. The best saugeye cheeks that I ever ate. The fish was good but tasted better as left overs for the next 2 days.

Give it a try if you see any. $5 for a 10 oz pouch.They also have jerky and horseradish.Just google saucysows.com for their full lineup.
Re: Saucy Sows fish batter [message #54200 is a reply to message #54161] Thu, 17 July 2014 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
to much time on my hands

yum, i can vouch, its gooooood!

http://www.huntohio.net - your online resource for hunting in ohio. Hunt Ohio, the HO Zone!
Bella
Re: Saucy Sows fish batter [message #54202 is a reply to message #54200] Sat, 19 July 2014 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uber Hunter
I didn't get to taste the lemon peppered pouch. I got a 2nd batch, 3 pouches for $10 and that last pouch I cooked up didn't taste the same.I'll test out the other 2 bags and if they turn out like the last bag,then I'm going with kentucky colonel next time.
Re: Saucy Sows fish batter [message #54417 is a reply to message #54161] Mon, 15 September 2014 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uber Hunter
I'm thru with the saucy sows.Too much variation from pouch to pouch. Kentucky Colonel from now on until I find the one with the long john silvers crunch.

I used my buddy's king cooker turkey fryer for that last fish fry and the saugeye and cheeks were scrumptuous. Still don't have that crunch "WOW" factor but so far it's some of the best that I have used.Even the little kids devoured them. Just wished they had 5# bags available.
Re: Saucy Sows fish batter [message #54818 is a reply to message #54417] Wed, 17 June 2015 11:50 Go to previous message
hunter01 is currently offline  hunter01
uber poster

try this one..... its the only thing we will fry fish in!....

LONG JOHN SILVERS FISH BATTER

1 c. plain flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
Dash of garlic
1/2 c. cornstarch
1/4 tbsp. salt
3/4 c. water

Beat until smooth. Dip fish into batter. Fry in deep fat at 400 degrees.
Previous Topic: Lemon Pepper Catfish
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 22 10:34:53 EDT 2017