HuntOhio.net Forums
Welcome to HuntOhio.net your Ohio Hunting Forum

Home » Species Specific » Ohio Varmint Hunting » Its bounty time
Its bounty time [message #55348] Sun, 22 January 2017 20:03 Go to next message
undertaker
to much time on my hands
Its I high time we all start hitting up the State of Ohio to instate a bounty program on coyotes...what I seen this past weekend was more than enough to tell me that we need the government to step in and make it worth while to start cleaning out these killers of wildlife....

Undertaker

[Updated on: Sun, 22 January 2017 20:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Its bounty time [message #55355 is a reply to message #55348] Sat, 18 February 2017 22:01 Go to previous message
walk2slow is currently offline  walk2slow
ODNR not going to pay bounty there worried about making money. Here them tell it the deer herd is where they want it, but in my area the herd is thinning every year and everyone you talk to it the same thing. Look what they have done to the deer season, I am not against bow hunters but hunting season is catered to them more than ever now, Use to have a special muzzle loading season in the third week of OCT. six days, Shawnee, Wildcat and Cooper holler I believe, now it been gone for years then they went to a two day muzzle loading weekend now it gone, the kids get two days then we all get a seven day then a two day and for the muzzle loaders four days in Jan. usually the coldest or wettest every year, I know you can use the muzzle loader in the other seasons, but why is the gun seasons getting shorter. If ODNR is worried about the deer herd why don't they make bow season shorter also. I hate to be complaining but it catered for the pay to hunt, I was told there a group in Brown County leasing all the ground they can lease at 30.00 a acre so they can bring in more hunters from out of state. I know I got off of the coyote topic but I think there more to be done for the OHIO hunters.

Walk2slow
Previous Topic: need yote hunter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 25 10:32:33 EDT 2017