HuntOhio.net Forums
Welcome to HuntOhio.net your Ohio Hunting Forum

Home » Species Specific » Ohio Upland Bird Hunting » Deer Creek Scouting
Deer Creek Scouting [message #55386] Fri, 16 June 2017 17:31
undertaker
to much time on my hands
Had to make an emergency run today to Mt Sterling to pick up turkey starter for the pheasant chicks as for some reason Purina has put all feed stores on back order....anyhow , nice trip made a new friend at the feed store and got to check out their chick wares, heat lamps, waters etc etc...

Once I picked up what feed was left I decided to take a drive around Deer Creek. My opinion, if you are going for birds, go early, like the first two weeks and then your done. Several fields planted in beans and wheat which means once they are harvested they will be dirt paring lots. Only seen 3 or 4 corn fields next to all of the other planted fields which means after first couple of weeks....NO BIRDS...places where I finally found birds last year have been planted, so they will not be huntable this fall.

Did not see any birds, but it was 3 oclock in the afternoon and not exactly when I expect to see birds.

For the 3 or 4 people that still visit this board I will try and provide a fall update once hatching season is over.

Undertaker

[Updated on: Fri, 16 June 2017 17:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Ohio Youth Pheasants Forever Event
Next Topic: Ohio Ruffed Grouse Society Event
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 07:10:11 EDT 2017