HuntOhio.net Forums
Welcome to HuntOhio.net your Ohio Hunting Forum

Home » General Conversation » K9 Corner » Ticks
Ticks [message #55325] Fri, 18 November 2016 21:03 Go to next message
undertaker
to much time on my hands
Folks just wanted to post another PSA ....

I just pulled ticks off of my dog

I know it is late November but I just wanted to let everyone know that I just pulled a tick off of my dog,,,so check your dogs and keep em clean as this weather still has the ticks out

Undertaker
Re: Ticks [message #55329 is a reply to message #55325] Wed, 23 November 2016 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oleman is currently offline  oleman
to much time on my hands
Mike

Get some "Rose geranium oil"---One drop between shoulder blades ---one drop on base of tail---one drop on your shirt collar --

YOU AND DOG BOTH WILL BE "TICK FREE" giggle

Anyone can count the seeds in a apple---Only god can count the apples in a seed

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2016 20:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ticks [message #55388 is a reply to message #55329] Sun, 18 June 2017 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
undertaker
to much time on my hands
rose geranium oil,,,,googling it tomorrow and will be buying it ASAP.

We started our 2017 training today. Was out at 6:30 AM until we got rained on, then went out at 7:30 and storms started rolling in again, but we got 10 birds in.

Stella - 10 birds,,,needs lots of work (1 year old),scent training, steadying to point
Bull - 10 birds,,needs lots of work (1 year old),scent training, steadying to point
Beau - 10 birds, working birds like crazy stalking from 25 yards out and in, looked real good, needs steadying though BUT it was first day. 3 years old. Pretty excited to see him work with his sister this fall.

Undertaker

Baseball ends in 2 weeks,,,I will miss it, 25 years of going to kids sports functions comes to an end. Kind of excited I can now work dogs full time etc, but on the other hand, I will miss travelling with other parents, watching baseball and the kids grow up etc...<*sigh*>
Re: Ticks [message #55389 is a reply to message #55388] Sun, 18 June 2017 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
undertaker
to much time on my hands
forgot to add, bree going out tomorrow night and with time left Stella going again, hopefully 10 birds each if weather and light hold out.

Did get to talk to my buddy after working Beau at his farm and releasing birds (ie training) he has told me that he has had a ton of coyotes on his property...so we are getting together this week to work out a snaring and shooting program to clear them out, much the same as the lease property. He had one yote come up and start yipping at his female yellow lab last night and when he hit the field with the light there were several more yotes waiting for her to come out. So time to light up the kilin fields again.

I did see a 6 point buck in velvet and a doe take off out of the field we worked tonight which was pretty cool....

more updates to come...for all 3 of you watching the board that is <hehehehehe>

UT
Re: Ticks [message #55398 is a reply to message #55389] Thu, 13 July 2017 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
to much time on my hands

I use bravecto for flea and tick

http://www.huntohio.net - your online resource for hunting in ohio. Hunt Ohio, the HO Zone!
Bella
Re: Ticks [message #55399 is a reply to message #55325] Sat, 22 July 2017 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
undertaker
to much time on my hands
I will post updates as to the Rose Geranium oil in about three to four weeks....next batch of pheasant will be ready to be out of the pen by then to get the last batch of 400 at years end of hatching.

Will use the current ...I am guessing 125 birds for training at the lease to get dog ready for season and rotate them out for next batch..then see how many of the 400 survive and do the same.

UT

PS watch for tick updates from me and the dogs !!!!
Re: Ticks [message #55403 is a reply to message #55399] Mon, 31 July 2017 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
to much time on my hands

125 for training! holy crap! that's a ton of bird work

http://www.huntohio.net - your online resource for hunting in ohio. Hunt Ohio, the HO Zone!
Bella
Re: Ticks [message #55429 is a reply to message #55403] Sat, 30 September 2017 22:23 Go to previous message
undertaker
to much time on my hands
doing another 100 this week... I had a good season raising birds.....This will be the last batch and then I am moving on to pigeons for the winter...going to keep putting the dogs on birds, birds and more birds...baseball is done for me now,,,kids are older now and moving on. leaving me time to train dogs,,,which I have been doing about every other night....kind of sad though as in the next three weeks it will be the last youth season with my son......will hit Fallsville,,every day of youth season this year. Look for pics and ignore my crying in the pics...getting older sucks sometimes....

Will be looking to branch out this year and hit areas far away which I have not been able to do in the past 20 years due to parenting commitments....<sigh>....

more to come..

UT

Littleking,,,send me coordinates of that place you told me about up north last year when we went grouse hunting,,,sounded like a good spot to take the dogs
Previous Topic: Just Seen this on Craigslist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:04:50 EST 2017