HuntOhio.net Forums
Welcome to HuntOhio.net your Ohio Hunting Forum

Home » General Conversation » Tips & Tricks » Home Made Maxxi-Ball lube tool
Home Made Maxxi-Ball lube tool [message #54713] Thu, 08 January 2015 19:53 Go to next message
Meat Hunter is currently offline  Meat Hunter
Uber Hunter
I have a huge stash of maxxi-balls and lost my little red plastic lube tool.Looks like they quit making them and people want $40+ for that little pc of plastic. Someone mentioned a site to me and a guy named duckey had a pic of a home made maxxi-ball luber and can be made for under $4 at Lowes:

6" of 1/2" vinyl hose
1/2" CPVC TEE
1/2" cpvc adapter to 1/2" thread.
small pc of CPVC pipe.
Super glue.

1)Ream out the top of 1/2" Tee with a 1/2" drill bit all the way thru.You may have to file the burrs on the hole for the bottom of that TEE.

2) Slide 3 maxiballs in the tubing,slide into the top part of the Tee.

3)Look thru the bottom of that TEE and center up where the lube will hit both grooves of the maxxi-ball and mark it with a sharpie.

4) Drill a 3/8" hole where that black mark is on the clear tubing.

5) Cut just enough 1/2" CPVC pipe that'll keep the bottom fitting close to the bottom of that TEE.Vinyl tubing is used in the pic,but solid pipe will work a heck of a lot better.

6)Line up the tubing/and hole and superglue it into the top of the TEE-Try to find a tight dowel rod that you can shove into the vinyl tubing to keep it expanded during the drying process.

7) Superglue the bottom threaded fitting to the Tee.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/saugmon/MaxiballLubeTool_zps91b7fc5f.jpg

The threads on the fitting don't quite match the tube of lube. A little force will be needed to make the connection.

Credit goes to Duckey,but I added the materials onto the pic and I'll have my version posted after I get some bore butter, a pc of cpvc pipe,and dowel rod that I should have out in the shed.
Re: Home Made Maxxi-Ball lube tool [message #54714 is a reply to message #54713] Fri, 09 January 2015 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
to much time on my hands

thats awesome!

http://www.huntohio.net - your online resource for hunting in ohio. Hunt Ohio, the HO Zone!
Bella
Re: Home Made Maxxi-Ball lube tool [message #55483 is a reply to message #54714] Thu, 15 March 2018 22:59 Go to previous message
HunTee is currently offline  HunTee
new-blood
Nice one
Previous Topic: smelly boots
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 21 02:02:27 EDT 2018