HuntOhio.net Forums
Welcome to HuntOhio.net your Ohio Hunting Forum

Home » Species Specific » Ohio Turkey Hunting » any first day reports
any first day reports [message #55486] Mon, 23 April 2018 22:00 Go to next message
undertaker
to much time on my hands
well did anyone go out....I just received a phone call from a gentleman I have been working on for years and I have permission to hunt 127 acres of land. Meeting him Thursday night and hunting starting on Friday.....cant wait to get out.....

Undertaker
Re: any first day reports [message #55489 is a reply to message #55486] Mon, 30 April 2018 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twall is currently offline  twall
Way to much free time!
I haven't gotten out yet. I am seeing more birds than the past few years as I am on my way to work in the morning. A co-workers husband got a mature gobbler first thing opening morning.

Tom

Tom Wall
Re: any first day reports [message #55490 is a reply to message #55486] Mon, 30 April 2018 18:46 Go to previous message
undertaker
to much time on my hands
I called in 5 today,,,,AND MISSED !!!!!! Went home at 9:30 as I was so sick at my stomach for missing I couldn't stand it. I did get to see one of the greatest shows I have seen in a long time watching 2 hens and 5 gobblers with the gobblers strutting, gobbling etc.

It has been a long time since I have seen so many mature birds hanging around together, and these are not satellite gobblers. All of them have 12 inch beards are 20 pounds plus etc.

Had the decoys out and everything and waited until I thought I had one in range and let loose only to see them all walk into the woods still gobbling. I am taking that as a good sign as when I shot all of the birds did not fly or run, they just stood there looking around and I stayed put knowing I had missed.

I called again 5 minutes later and got a response but they did not come back to the fields I was setup in. I DID however learn a lot by watching these birds the last three days I was out (Fri, Sat and Today) and plan on putting that knowledge to work and hopefully bagging a couple of them before the season is over.

Oh well, still best going to work this week (and next!!!!)

Undertaker
Previous Topic: Big Licking Co. Gobbler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 27 19:00:02 EDT 2018